Sunday, June 23, 2013

Perfect Mom?

I have not written alot, but not to state the obvious, I am a mother of two babies. Spare time is a rare commodity in this house for me. My days are devoted to my little girls. They strive for my attention all day, every day. They are at that fun age where they enjoy the act of "play". They love when we start to chase them and they crawl away so fast that their little knees go out and end in a big belly laugh. These are the days that make my insides glow. Many other mommas wonder how I do it? How can you take care of two, when I can barely take care of one? I must get this question DAILY. I simply answer, you just do it.

It was brought to my attention today that some view me as "the perfect mom". I was not sure what to think of this. Sure, I was flattered that some viewed me as a role model, but I am FAR from perfect. I was tickled to be perceived as a good parent. Who doesn't like to hear recognition for all the hard work that goes into being a parent? The truth is it is hard work, especially in the beginning. I know my updates are usually always happy, but there are days where the days are so hard. I remember in the beginning being so sleep deprived and had to care for two little beings. The truth is there is no such thing as a perfect mom. I believe you just do your best everyday. My job is to give my girls the best life possible, full of new adventures. I want them to see everything; I want them to see the world. I am an active mom who leaves the house often. I have learned the sooner you start venturing out, you realize it was easier than you anticipated, like most things. It is finding the courage to tackle the new experiences and then every time after that seems so simple.

A few weeks ago, I was in Target walking the baby aisles - browsing. I hear a woman call "Hey miss!" I turn around and thought is she talking to me? It turns out she was. She had explained she was there with her daughter and her granddaughter who was expecting twins and asked if I could talk with her. I thought sure. I would love to not sure what we were going to discuss. She was around my age, maybe slightly older. She was pregnant with twin boys. She had explained how terrified she was of having twins as people are sharing horror stories of how difficult it is when they are born. I looked at her and said that is so wrong! Trust me, the babies do have their moments, but for the most part, other people have no idea. It was actually easier than other people had made it out to be when I was pregnant. I explained how fun it is to watch them play at such a young age. It's fun to see them already recognize each other before you even know they can recognize anything. It's fun to watch them smile and laugh together. I feel twins are born into a world that belongs to just the two of them. Not only are you giving birth to two babies, but you have two babies who are already best friends. It's been such a joy to watch them grow. My advice was to not listen to anybody and just roll with the punches. You will then see that you would do it over again in a heartbeat. Having twins is an adventure, but an exciting one.

Here are some pictures of my little ones!








No comments:

Post a Comment