Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Halfway Done with MS1!

Wow! I took a pretty long hiatus from blogging...so much has happened, but let's call a spade a spade....this momma has been busy! The twins are now 17 months old! Where did the time go?!

We are halfway done through Pat's first year of medical school! YIPPEE! I have to say it has not been all that bad. Yes, there are days that are better than others, but that is with any career. I blame the whole Pat working third shift and having newborn twins the year before school to thank, because anything and everything seems easier after that, at least on my end. hehe!  Pat is doing AMAZING as a medical student! He is humble and modest on this topic, but I can brag that my hubby is rocking it! I had no doubts to be quite honest. He has done a pretty decent job of finding a good school/family balance as well. We have our routine, just as any family does with children. Pat leaves the house at 445am and returns, most days at 5pm. We eat dinner and do baths with the girls, and by 7pm, the girls are snoozing and Pat starts studying. As for me, I usually do whatever needs to be done, laundry, shopping, whatever! (I always get the remote now after 7pm! haha) Pat is happier than I have ever seen him. We keep joking with each other that we really have it all now, but the truth is, we really do. Our dreams of having children and Pat wanting to become a doctor are in full swing. As of now, life is beautiful.

I feel that we have got a solid grasp on our new life. It's pretty crazy to think that life is kind of "still" for us right now. We had college, engagement, buying a house, wedding, babies, school (in that order), and now nothing...life can simply be enjoyed! We are loving watching our baby girls grow into little ladies. It is amazing and they make us laugh so much.

We have met a new circle of amazing friends who are also in the medical school bubble. Most have moved here from out of state. I have grown very close with a few of them and chat with them on a daily basis. It is fun to find humor in our unique, yet crazy situations. I am very lucky to be surrounded by such amazing ladies! There are engagements, weddings, babies all within our group! Always something big is happening! It is so fun! We will find any reason at all to throw a party, progressive dinner, game night, etc. Heck! We have even done grocery shopping together. It is that silly! It is a gift to know you have made some lifelong friends in just a few months. I do not know how we are all going to move away from each other in 2017. I do not even want to think about it right now...

2013 was a good year for the Davis family. It is such a lovely thought to think the best moments of our life are still ahead of us...


No comments:

Post a Comment